Monday, August 10, 2009

Animal Testing

I have very mixed feelings toward this. I personally believe a human life is more valuable than an animals life, but i don't think we should do cruel things to them. But we wouldn't have the medicines to save lives that we have now if it weren't for using them on animals. I do not personally believe in animal testing for cosmetic reasons. This leads me to another what about practicing medical procedures, tattoos, or just dissecting in an anatomy class on animals?

I personally don't know what to think about these issues but i always found it a little unnerving the killing of animals for our own purposes. How many kids truly care about dissecting animals and will use it in a positive way? How many make a joke out of it? If the animal died of natural causes and you are using the information learned to help aid in saving other animals or learning what it died from that is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment